# of Players:
By: Matt Chin on March 31, 2003
It's no secret that Midway Games was working on a sequel to SpyHunter, but the company made it official today with an announcement that it expects to release SpyHunter 2 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube this fall. The original SpyHunter surprisingly turned out to be an excellent driving/action game, so we have high hopes for the sequel.
Here are some of the game's key features and highlights according to Midway Games:
- Sleek New Vehicle – Brand-new G-8155 Interceptor with new vehicle transformations--snow and off-road--equipped with a new advanced weapon and equipment system that allows players to customize the vehicle with weaponry to suit personal style of play.
- New weapons – Auto-tracking turret and an indestructible armored shield have been added to the gameplay as well as new defensive weapons such as land mines, oil slicks and smokescreens, which allow gamers to play more strategically.
- New Enemies – Giant, end-of-mission boss battles including eight all-new original Nostra/Phoenix enemies that require players to use strategy and innovation in addition to firepower and speed. Also added is a cutting edge enemy AI, which reacts based on player’s behavior.
- In-Depth Missions – 16 exciting levels set across four gigantic regions that are interactive and dynamic, allowing gamers to choose their own paths through mission areas.
- Mysterious and Compelling Storyline – Nostra is back and deadlier than ever! Discover more about who Alec Sects really is, and the mysterious female agent who is somehow intertwined with him.
- Introducing New Technology – Leonie 2.0 is the latest version of the Interceptor’s online computer that is designed to provide mission-critical information and tactical advice during missions.
"SpyHunter 2 defines the next level of high-speed, mission-based action/combat racing," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.
More information and higher resolution screenshots on this title will be posted at a later date.